Thursday, November 8, 2012

Kittens

Growing up, I always had an animal...cat, dog, horse, I even attempted fish and hamsters, just like every other kid whose parents couldn't say "no"...not that mine couldn't say "no"...guess I was just a very persuasive kid... anyways, I always had a pet. Since I've been married, we have had a puppy, 2 kittens, another puppy, turtles and frogs. I thought we had finally resolved to the fact that pets are not for us. Then Panda showed up. Panda is a female ( I think) cat that showed up at our house a week or so ago, and after someone fed her, she hasn't left. Well, she's been fun. She stays OUTSIDE, loves for you to pet her, and isn't a nuisance, so far.
"Panda"
(yet to be named)
I was telling my mom (a real cat lover) about her and she said wistfully, "I think I'm ready for another kitten." Her last one got run over. Sniff... Then - it happened - I saw 3 Siamese kittens on Swap Shop - and I just did it. That's right, I got all 3!! My mom is getting 2 of them...which means we will once again be in the pet business. And I don't think it will be as easy to get rid of them this time.
                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment