Friday, December 14, 2012

Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

mantel with homemade stockings
I love Christmas! I love Christmas music; I love decorating for Christmas; I love the food of Christmas; I love the smell of Christmas; I love being with family at Christmas; I love giving gifts at Christmas. And, I won't pretend, or lie, I also slightly enjoy receiving gifts at Christmas. 




Our Tree

 stockings (kids decorated their own)












I had to let go of my OCD a little and let the kids help me decorate the tree. I'm a little picky when it comes to lights, balance of color and size of ornaments, and just overall aesthetics of the tree. The kids had a blast! And isn't that what it's really about anyway? Last year the kids decorated their own paper sack "stockings". It was so much fun! And they look adorable hanging over the fireplace. I have yet to make another one for little Analee...better do that. I used glitter glue, tiny ribbon bows, and buttons to decorate clothes pins for hanging them on jute. These same clothes pins and jute are used for hanging all our Christmas cards on my antique french door that hangs on the wall above my couch all year round.                   











Let's not forget the True Meaning of Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment